Phil A. Newton. 40 Questions About Pastoral Ministry. 320p., $23.99, Kregel Academic.
In 40 Questions about Pastoral Ministry, veteran pastor Phil Newton provides trustworthy answers to 40 of the most common and pressing questions relating to the life and work of the pastor. Covering five major categories–such as development, practices, and preaching–Newton equips pastors to successfully handle everyday duties and challenges, including:
- Remaining spiritually healthy
- Strengthening your marriage
- Dealing with discouragement
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Leading elders’ meetings
- Mentoring future leaders
- Preaching through books of the Bible
- Conducting marriages and funerals
- Practicing church discipline
- Leading change and revitalization, and much more
Basing his answers on Scripture, theological reflection, and personal experience, Newton serves as a mentor and guide for pastors at every stage of ministry. The questions and answers are self-contained, and topics of interest can be easily located. Pastors will want to consult this volume often for authoritative advice on all aspects of pastoral ministry.