Youth ministry for the next generation . . . .
Tim Mc Knight. Engaging Generation Z: Raising the Bar for Youth Ministry. 192p., $17.99, Kregel Ministry.
To disciple the youth in our student ministries today, we have to understand the unique characteristics of Generation Z, and apply lessons learned from recent decades of youth ministry. In this thoroughly revised second edition of Raising the Bar: Student Ministry for a New Generation, pastor and professor Timothy McKnight brings a wealth of new insights, resources, and guidance for reaching today’s adolescents.
Following an overview of the beliefs, attitudes, and practices of Generation Z, McKnight provides youth pastors and volunteers with a complete plan for discipling adolescents through the local church. This includes practical advice on topics such as:
- Engaging parents in youth ministry
- Holistically guiding students in their beliefs, behavior, and affections
- Equipping adult leaders who can serve as role models
- Working with pastors, staff, and church leaders
- Helping parents develop rites of passage for their children as they move into adulthood
- Raising expectations for adolescents to encourage them to grow toward maturity
Based on years of personal experience and practice, Engaging Generation Z provides everything youth ministers need to equip, grow, and encourage today’s generation of young people to follow Christ, and to take their student ministry to the next level.