A book about both the simplicity and complexity of prayer. . . .
Joseph C. Harrod. 40 Questions about Prayer. 40 Questions Series. 272p., $19.99, Kregel Academic.
Praying is often the most common yet least understood practice of Christian spirituality. In 40 Questions about Prayer, scholar and teacher Joseph C. Harrod shares biblical insight on the nature and practice of Christian prayer. Harrod’s emphasis on searching the Scriptures results in a trustworthy, practical guide to a vital aspect of Christian belief and behavior, equally appropriate for seminary courses, Bible studies, and personal understanding.
The accessible question-and-answer format of 40 Questions about Prayer allows readers to explore the issues they care most about, such as these:
- Does prayer change God’s mind?
- Does God hear the prayers of unbelievers?
- What does it mean to pray in Jesus’s name?
- How does prayer affect evangelism, spiritual awakening, and revival?
- What does it mean to pray “without ceasing” (1 Thess. 5:17)?
- Do physical postures affect prayer?